Bored Indoors? These Games Will Liven Things Up!
The holidays are upon us and for many of us they will look very different this year. If you are staying in versus traveling over the river and through the woods, you may be wondering how to stay entertained. If Netflix isn’t really your thing, or you have already made it through the latest seasons of…well…everything, we’ve put together a list of games to keep you entertained well into the new year.
- Candyland. A classic for the ages. This game is fun for kids and adults and does not take forever to play, making it perfect for the little ones. Bright colors and thoughts of sugary sweets keep them entertained until the end!
- Don’t Break the Ice. Keep the penguin from falling through the ice by knocking out blocks carefully from the game board. Littles will have a good time knocking out the blocks and will have a good laugh when the penguin falls through! (No animals were harmed in the making of this review.)
- Toddler Scavenger Hunt at Home. These cards can be found online and give you a chance to set-up a scavenger hunt of your own for littles inside your house. It will keep them busy and burn some energy!
- Crocodile Dentist. This game is great because it is easy to take on the go and can be played as a group or solo. The premise is simple, use the tool to pull out teeth and try not to get chomped!
- Don’t Spill the Beans. In this game, everyone will take turns putting “beans” on the pot, being very careful not to make the pot tip and make the beans spill. It’s a silly classic that will have everyone giggling in suspense.
- Pictionary. Who doesn’t love racing the clock to guess your teammates’ crazy drawing? This game is great for kids of all ages and can keep you entertained for HOURS!
- Guess Who? “The original guessing game”! Ask your opponent questions about their character and eliminate the possibilities until you know WHO. With so many options this can be played over and over!
- Battleship. This is a game that can actually be played in person or over Zoom! If you have family or friends with the same game, get online and try not to let them sink your battleship!
- Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza. This card game is the definition of action packed. It’s simple and quick to learn for all ages. At a fast space, you’ll compete against one other to slap a match between a card and spoken word or action. Things get chaotic in the best way, really fast!
- Clue. Another classic. Use your detective skills to find out who dunnit in this mystery caper game. Updated versions have new characters as well!
- Apple to Apples, Junior. This is a hilarious game of vocabulary that requires the players to think outside the box!
- Twister. Too cold to head outside and play? Throw out the twister mat and get out some squirmies!
- Qwixx. If you love competitive dice games, you’ll love this one! Roll the dice and cross off numbers on your score sheet to earn points. Fun for adults and kids alike this game is fast-paced and strategic.
- Blokus. Like Tetris, but with a twist! This game is super easy to learn and will challenge the whole family.
- Risk. World domination at its finest. New versions include Game of Thrones and Europe. Pick your world and prepare for a long battle!
- Chess. When we say classic, we mean CLASSIC. Sit down for a game of chess either in person or virtually and expand your brain. Strategy and insight will serve you well for this one.
- Codenames. Have enough people for teams? This strategy game will allow you to use your smarts to get points and outsmart the other team’s players.
- Ticket to Ride. In this cross-country train route game, players collect and play matching train cards to claim railway routes connecting cities in various countries around the world. Players who build the longest train and claim the most tracks are awarded the most points. It will surprise you just how fun railroads can be!
- Pandemic. While we will admit this game hits a little different during COVID-19… It truly is worth your while in the most innocent, fun way. In this cooperative game, players work together to discover cures to national emergencies. There’s a lot of strategy involved and will surely keep you on your toes.
While we thoroughly enjoy games, we don’t play when it comes to mortgages. Our team is here to guide you with the highest level of service. Reach out today to get started: Call 952-942-0110 or visit CambriaMortgage.com.