Learn to Love Your Space Again for Free
Making changes to your decor can get expensive, but leaving things the same can make you long for an update. Before you throw in the (old) towel, read on for tricks to redecorate your space for free.
- Make a move. No, don’t give up completely and move, just look to rearrange your current furniture. Sometimes moving a small table from the living room to the entryway may give you a place to put treasured items that you may be missing. Also, look for new ways to compose couches and chairs that give the room a new perspective.
- Out with the old. While wallpaper is gaining in popularity again, you may have some old borders that you are just not loving anymore. Go ahead and look around for things in your home that you may be ready to part with. Clearing some clutter may give you a new appreciation of your space.
- Display your finds. Did you find some cool shells on your latest beach vacay? How about some fresh fruits and vegetables from your garden? Use what you have to update your baskets or bowls with a fun new look.
- Don’t hide it. Stocking away great-grandma’s china or handmade quilts can make them feel safe, but it also locks them away from sight. Beautiful things were meant to be seen and enjoyed! Look for ways to add these items to your décor and enjoy what you love.
- Reduce, reuse, upcycle. Often, you can find free paint through online resources in your area and that will allow you to change the look of your walls with no cost to you! Look at sites like the Freecycle Network or Nextdoor for options.
The experts at Cambria® Mortgage™ are always available to provide guidance and answer questions about home ownership. For more information, visit CambriaMortgage.com or call 952-942-0110.