Planning the Perfect Place Settings
Holiday entertaining is one of the highlights of the season, but it can also be stressful without the right preparation. Once the date is set and the menu is planned, turn your attention to the table and plan the perfect place settings to set the mood for your guests. Read on for tips on setting the perfect holiday table.
- Go green. If you have a live tree in your home, re-purpose a few of the branches to add to a centerpiece or place cards. The color and fragrance will elicit emotions of holiday wonder. If you do not have a live tree you can often find boughs for sale at local stores that will do the trick.
- Play with color. Choosing a color scheme can help you set the direction of your table. You can use that color choice to find items from around your home to re-purpose on the table. As long as you stay within that palette you can use an eclectic mix of items and it will turn out beautifully.
- Do double duty. If your gathering is large enough to require place cards, consider using an item that can be taken home by your guests. Potted plants and scented candles can work well for both uses.
- Decorate your plates. Often times you can find inexpensive white dinner plates that you can spruce up yourself to match your theme. Try food safe paints that you cure in the oven to add personal, and colorful, touches to the table.
- Go to different heights. Playing with the height of your centerpiece and the items around your table can elevate the feel of meal. Try using cake stands to get some extra distance from the table and play with the heights of your candles, if you choose to use them.
- Check the coats. While this isn’t really connected to your tablescape, make sure you have a place designated for your guest’s coats. You want to make sure your guests immediately feel welcome and having a place to hang their coat creates a good first impression. Plus, the last thing you want are coats cluttering up the backs of the chairs at your beautifully set table!
The experts at Cambria® Mortgage™ are always available to provide guidance and answer questions about home ownership. For more information, visit CambriaMortgage.com or call 952-942-0110.